Friday, August 24, 2012

The Glad Game




So, we had some movement on the adoption front this past week. It turns out that the US Embassy could not reach the person who found Moses so the phone interview never happened. They are now requesting a sit-down interview with him, in which, our agency in Ethiopia must set-up. The CWAE staff is nothing short of amazing! They have been working and fighting for us so hard throughout this final US Embassy step. After some searching, CWAE got in contact with our finder and set up an interview date for September 18 at 7:30am (that is September 17 at 11:30pm our time). PLEASE join us in praying over the interview while it's happening at that exact time. The Embassy was unfortunately booked with interviews until this date. In most cases thus far, once the interview happens, the Embassy has cleared families that morning. We are hoping and praying that this is the case for us, and they do not need more information to prove his once, orphan status.


We were really hoping to travel as soon as possible after we got clearance, but with this timeframe we are going to have to wait a little bit longer (it's freakin' killing me, people!) since we are coming up on film festival season, in which Jordan runs Fantastic Fest, the largest genre film festival worldwide. That will be starting up 2 days after the interview and will last what feels like a lifetime. After the festival we will be free to travel! That will put our travel dates around the end of September to early October.

I've always known that the timeline for Moses coming home has always been set. I always knew that the timing would work out the best way possible if I just let go of the timeline and let God do his thing. It is a conscious battle daily to let go of that...to let go of control. But, to be completely honest, it has been easier to do this now that we have an actual date to go off of. 

Most of my girlfriends, say that I can always see the good even in the worst situation, and it is true. I can! When I was little girl, one of my favorite movies was Pollyanna. If you are familiar with her story, you know that Pollyanna is a recently orphaned little girl who had to go live with her very cold aunt that also runs the town and it's people by intimidation. Pollyanna would play this game she coined "the glad game." Whenever there was a negative or hopeless situation happening or a person that was just being a "negative nancy", Pollyanna would play this game and she would say something to be glad about. Before long, everyone around her started seeing the good stuff in things too, and the whole town's perspective changed, even her aunt's.  My mother would always make me and my brother's play this game when we were complaining about something. I loved this as a little girl, and I love it even more now as an adult, because I see even more now, that Pollyanna knew what was up. As a little girl, just searching for the goodness in something and just simply saying it and claiming it out loud, would completely change my perspective on the situation, and honestly, that is how I have lived my life ever since. I have never stopped playing that game.

So, guess what?! I am tired of feeling sad, helpless, weak, pressed, and everything else negative under the sun about waiting for Moses. I AM PLAYING THE GLAD GAME! And this is what I am so glad about while waiting for Moses.....

-Family nights. These phenomenal days that I have had with just me, Jordan, Max, and Stella, where we can heal all of our waiting and anxious hearts by just loving on each other as a family.

-My husband. This amazing man that stands by my side, who is still there, after all this time and  after all we have been through since the day that I laid eyes on him. I am utterly and completely in love with him, after all this time, more than I ever have been. 

-Being able to take Stella to her first day of kindergarten.

- Getting to spend 4 weeks alone with Max during the day while Stella is in school. Being the second child, he has never had that much one-on-one attention. With me being the middle child, I know he will appreciate that.

-Being a mom to 2 out of 3 of my kids at this moment. Let's face it, things could be worse, so I will choose to be happy on the days I have with, at least 2 of my children, playing tea party, puzzles, and robot battles all day long.

- Getting to go to work and talk with my sweet clients friends about our journey, and just being filled to the brim with nothing but words of support and encouragement. I have the best job and the best clients in the world, y'all!

-My family and friends. Anyone who I have laughed with, cried with, and have been vulnerable with these past couple of months. I am so eternally grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you for continually pointing me to Jesus when I need it most.

- Spiritual Growth. Being able to have those daily moments of reflection, where I look at where I was, where I am now, and how far I have come. Looking at all of that and seeing without a doubt God's working in me and how He he caused such a transformation. I can only respond by saying, "YOU ARE AMAZING GOD! HOW GREAT IS MY GOD" I deserve none of His goodness, but in the midst of my struggling, and my crying out to Him, his loving kindness appears through all of these things that I am glad about it, just as he promised. Guaranteed to work every time!

So, I want to try something. All of you readers out there have to participate. I say, screw these bad situations in our lives that we keep letting get the best of us! Let's encourage each other. Let's play the glad game.......

Tell me, what are you glad about? 



"What men and women need is encouragement. Their natural resisting powers should be strengthened, not weakened.... Instead of always harping on a man's faults, tell him of his virtues. Try to pull him out of his rut of bad habits. Hold up to him his better self, his REAL self that can dare and do and win out!... The influence of a beautiful, helpful, hopeful character is contagious, and may revolutionize a whole town.... People radiate what is in their minds and in their hearts. If a man feels kindly and obliging, his neighbors will feel that way, too, before long. But if he scolds and scowls and criticizes—his neighbors will return scowl for scowl, and add interest!... When you look for the bad, expecting it, you will get it. When you know you will find the good—you will get that..."
(Quote from "Pollyanna" by Eleanor H. Porter)

No comments:

Post a Comment