Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This Too Shall Pass





Oh how I wish this update would be news of moving forward. 

Our finder's interview occurred yesterday, and it was thought to have gone well. Sometimes the Embassy will decide to clear the families of travel after the interview and sometimes they will request more information, or in some cases, decide they cannot declare the child's orphan status and send the case to Nairobi for further proceedings. In most cases, Nairobi will clear the family, but the only problem is this takes time in getting the case to Nairobi, like several weeks. Which of course would mean more waiting. Unfortunately we received no word from the Embassy after the interview. I decided to email them to inquire and they told me that the case was still ongoing and they will notify me when the status changes. This was tough news to take, since it was not what we were looking for. We don't seem to know what all this means, and I wish there was a way to find out which road the Embassy is going to make us go down next. 

Yet again, it has been another day of tears, sorrow, and sometimes crippling fear of what comes next. We have been desperately seeking peace, relief, and restoration. We are just crushed today with the news which leads to more waiting. And, it is taking all my strength to make it through days like these. But,  I can't help but think in the midst of my suffering about Jesus. This amazing man who truly suffered and took the fall for someone like me, so I would not be brought to death but to life. And, because of his redemption, because He has risen, I know that He can redeem my story at this time, right here and right now. That is what Jesus is all about.  And after all this time I can look back and see Him always standing beside me and carrying me through when needed. It is the truth when I say that HE is still there. He just won't let me go! His story is about redemption, and his purpose is redemption. I am amazed that this great redeemer is the writer of my story, the rock beneath my feet, and the heartbeat of my life.

So what we do in the meantime is take one day at a time, one hour at a time, one moment at a time time, a PRAY! Boy, do we do a lot of praying! Every day is a new day. Another opportunity for redemption, another chance to see and witness God's love for me through my husband, my children, family and friends, and all the little small occurrences in life that whisper of His love. And we hold onto the hope of hearing from the Embassy that we can bring home my son.

Words cannot describe how unbelievably grateful we are for everyone's thoughtful gestures, encouraging words, and most of all for interceding on our behalf in prayer. Please keep it coming, it has been so helpful while riding out these tough waters.

2 comments:

  1. Praying, Kristin. I know it's rough. I'm sorry it's taking so long. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs and prayers. Hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete