Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fields of the Fatherless

I recently read the book, "Fields of the Fatherless" by C. Thomas Davis. Talk about discovering the joy through compassionate living Wow! That book is a straight pathway to the face of joy, love and Jesus. It made me think.



A lot of people have asked for "the reason" why we are adopting. That's always a hard question to answer in one brief statement. While there are too many reasons under the sun of why to adopt, there are a few that truly live inside me and are making this a reality for me. So here they are, and to truly answer the question.
Joy. Just like every soon-to-be mother, and even the women who haven't become mother's yet but want to, we all share that unsettled feeling or that inner voice that can't be silenced of lacking a certain joy that can only be embraced through loving a child. There is nothing in this world that brings me more joy than to be a mother. I love looking into the eyes of my children and my husband, knowing that God made all of us and put us together as a family for a purpose. It's an impossible feeling to explain, but it's just one of those things that you just know. It's like when you meet your husband, or you embrace your calling . I know that God has brought another child into this world that belongs to our family. He just happens to be across the world. There will be no greater joy than the day he is united with us, and he is home where he belongs. He belongs with us.

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families." Psalm 68:5-6

 
Love. I believe that everyone in this world deserves someone to love them. It doesn't matter who that is or where they come from. We are all the same, and we all have the need to be loved. Not only do we have the need to be loved, we also all have the responsibility of loving one another. EVERY SINGLE PERSON must do their part in this lifetime of "loving one another". What are you doing in your life to show love to others? I challenge you to open your heart and mind to the idea of what it looks like in your own life to do your part and love.
There are a lot of people in this world who are truly helpless. They cannot do it on their own, whether they are homeless, orphaned, or just struggle with addicition. You, most likely, have experienced helplessness in your life. I know I have! I feel the need to love others at the very depths of my soul. Especially, the helpless. That feeling comes from deep within, and I wish I could take credit for that feeling that leads me to action, but I don't stir it up myself.
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

 
Jesus. I yearn to see the love of Christ. To catch a glimpse of what that looks like. When you see His glory and love, it's absolutely poetic and never enough. He reveals himself through His grace and blessings. Going through this adoption process has given me so many glimpses of Jesus already, so I know when I finally get to see my son face-to-face, it will be like looking at the face of Jesus.

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepraed for you since the beginning of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in or needig clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of the brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:34-40

Yes, I have fears of adoption. We have considered everything from finances to worries of this child later on resenting us for taking him out of one culture to another to abandonment and attachment issues. The list could just go on. But, our hearts still triumph over all of that. We have decided that we will not let fear win over God's will for our life. We will not let another child suffer, because it makes us or other people uncomfortable. We know that after the actual adoption process comes the real journey, but there is a mighty God in control of everything, and it will turn out for His deliverance.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment