Monday, July 11, 2011

Adoption Update...Month 5 of waiting

Sorry, for taking so long to update on everything in our adoption journey. We've had a lot of activity at the Michael house, and I'm finally getting a moment to sit down and put together all of my thoughts. So, with that being said, here is the latest in our little adoption world.......

PRAISE BE TO GOD! We made $800 on our garage sale fundraiser. We are that much closer to paying our way to go and get our little guy. A BIG thank you to everyone who donated their unwanted items to the sale. Also, special thanks to my parents for coming out and helping with the sale. God has blessed me with some amazing family who not only show me their love and support, but also show me and teach me how to be a great example in love, service, and faithfulness.

On the adoption front, we learned from our agency today, that the MoWCYA (Ministry of Women’s, Children’s and Youth Affairs) is taking on 10 more cases per day, from what was initially 5 cases every day. Things are going to move a little faster now. We are so thankful for any productivity at this point, and continue to just sit back and be content in the timeline God has laid out for us. I have family in Ethiopia right now who will be visiting the orphanage, most likely, where our son is at. Though we haven't been matched with a specific child yet, I am praying that God will allow my family to be able to hold him and love on him for us. Something that I have been longing to do for quite some time now. Everyday we are getting closer to bringing home our baby. We feel it more and more everyday. The waiting part has been hard. I'm starting to feel an ache in the missing part in my heart that God has carved out for my son and I just want to hold him and put every waking thought and breathe into getting him home. Nothing is in our control, so we are always putting our trust in God

Adoption has been the most beautiful journey that I have ever been on. To think of all of the ways that God has used this journey to restore us and show us how he loves is overwhelming. I feel a constant growth and transformation in not only myself, but my husband, my children, and in our relationships with each other. And, I feel I've only scratched the surface in learning more about Him, what He did for us, and who He is. There's nothing better than seeing God through your children, and nothing more attractive than seeing God through your husband. I also feel his presence everywhere. It's so comforting being under His wing. He is the driving force that is keeping us going.

I hope to have more updates soon about our adoption. Please continue to pray for us as we wait patiently and that we stay focused on Him no matter which way this crazy road is winding.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog on a CWA Ethiopia blog list and thought I'd stop over and say hi - great to find people at different places in their journey to adoption... we're waiting to go back for our 2nd trip to pick up our 17 month old baby girl. Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete